A recent statistic report showed that Samsung was making more profit out of its lower end budget Android Smartphones lineup, than its higher end Smartphones. And the Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300, which was released over a year ago was a star among the budget Smartphones. However, as any other budget Android Smartphone out there, the Samsung Galaxy Pocket too failed to receive any further firmware or software updates being a budget device. But today, we’re here with a tutorial that would let you to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS.
Below are some warning information to get you started:
- Please note that during this process, we are going to flash some custom modification file to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- There are risks of your device being damaged while this process and we are not to be held responsible even if you damage your device during or after completing the process. So, proceed at your own risk only.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to complete before upgrading your Smartphone to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- You need to revert your Samsung Galaxy Pocket to its stock ROM, in case its rooted.
- You also need to de-odex your Smartphone.
- Download the upgrade kit from here.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Pocket has at least 80% of batteery backup.
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Pocket on your PC.
How To Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 To Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
Below is the detailed guide on how you can upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- First of all, connect your Samsung Galaxy Pocket to the PC.
- Now copyy/paste the “vm00cwm” file and the “Stock Modification V1″ file to the external storage of your Smartphone.
- Now boot your Samsung Galaxy Pocket into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power+Home keys at the same time.
- From the recovery mode screen, click on “Choose ZIP From SD Card” option.
- And then select the “vmoocwm” file that you copy/pasted to your extrernal storage earlier and confirm the selection to flash it.
- Now from the recovery mode, wipe the cache partition and perform a Data/Factory reset and reboot your Smartphone.
- Now again repeat the processes from 3-6 and instead of the “vm00cwm” file choose the “Stock Modification V1″ file.
- Once again repeat the processes from 3-6 and now choose the “Stock Modification V2″ file.
Finally you’re done, and you have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Pocket to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. In case of any queries, please mention them as comments below. Check out some other tricks, such as how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.2.2 and how to install Android 4.2 on Samsung Galaxy Y.