The Sony Xperia Z was the flagship Android Smartphone of Sony for the year 2013. Being a high end Android flagship Smartphone, the Sony Xperia Z featured some very impressive top notch hardware specifications which include a 5 inch 1080p Full HD display with a PPI of 441, 1.5 GHz quad core processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage space with MicroSD external storage expansion support up to 64 GB, 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash, 2 MP front facing camera and all of these powered by a 2330 mAh battery.
The high end hardware specifications of the Sony Xperia Z, accompanied with its dust and water resisting ability made the Sony Xperia Z one of the best Android flagship Smartphones of 2013.
If you own a Sony Xperia Z, chances are that you might have not received the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update yet, and you’ll be craving for the same too. However, if you are ready to root your Sony Xperia Z, then you can update it to Android 4.4.2 custom ROM by installing the AOKP custom ROM. And if you’re out there in search of a detailed tutorial on how to install AOKP Android 4.4.2 custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z, then today we’re here with a detailed tutorial on the same.
- Once you root or install a custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z, you’ll automatically void its warranty.
- Moreover, rooting has its own risks of damaging your Smartphone, if the processes mentioned are not followed properly.
- We recommend you to take a backup of all the data stored on your Sony Xperia Z, as installing this custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z will wipe away all the data stored in the internal storage.
- We are not responsible for any damage caused to your Sony Xperia Z during or after completing the tutorial.
- Please only follow this tutorial on a Sony Xperia Z.
- Root your Sony Xperia Z and install CWM recovery.
- Make sure that your Sony Xperia Z has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for Sony Xperia Z on your PC.
- Download the ROM kit from here.
- Download the Google Apps kit from here.
How To Install AOKP Android 4.4.2 custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how you can install the AOKP custom ROM running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on your Sony Xperia Z:
- Connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- Copy and paste both the downloaded kits to the external storage space of your Sony Xperia Z. Do not extract them.
- Switch OFF your Sony Xperia Z.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- Perform a “Data/Factory Reset”, “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Then choose the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- And next, choose the ROM kit that you placed earlier on to your Smartphone and confirm the selection.
- Now the AOKP custom ROM running Android 4.4.2 will be installed on your Sony Xperia Z.
- Next, choose the Google Apps kit and confirm the selection.
- Now the Google Apps kit will be installed on your Sony Xperia Z.
- Then choose the “Reboot System Now” option.
- Wait for your Smartphone to reboot.
The reboot process might take a couple of minutes as its the first boot after installing a custom ROM.
Congratulations, you have now successfully installed AOKP custom ROM running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on your Sony Xperia Z. In case of any queries or doubts, please mention them as comments below.