The Phablet section in the Smartphone industry became successful and popular since the launch of the “Galaxy Note” series by Samsung. Since then, most of the major Smartphone manufacturers such as Nokia, HTC, Sony and LG have tried to bring their best into the phablet section to beat the Samsung Galaxy Note series. However, the Samsung Galaxy Note series still is one of the unbeatable king of the section.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was one of the most popular Android device back in 2012 when it was launched and is still one of the best Android phablet you can get today, thanks to its hardware specifications and a monster sized battery.
One sad fact in purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 today is that it still runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, which seems pretty much outdated. And Samsung is finally planning to release an official update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 within a couple of months. However, if you want to experience the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 then today we’re here with a method that will help you update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3.
Below are some warning information that you should read prior to updating your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 using our guide:
- This method requires your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to be rooted. Hence you should root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and then install any custom recovery of your choice before attempting to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- There are risks of your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 getting damaged during this process. We are not at all responsible even if you damage your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 during or after completing the rooting process. Hence, proceed at your own risk only.
- You may void the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow prior to updating your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
- Charge your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 before beginning the rooting process.
- Download and then install the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on your PC.
- Download the kit from here to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- Download ODIN Flash tool from here.
- Backup all the important data’s from your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS:
- Power OFF your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and then boot into Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down+Home+Power keys at the same time.
- Now connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- And then, extract the ODIN Flash tool folder that you downloaded earlier and then run the ODIN.exe file from the extracted folder.
- Now a new window will appear. If you installed the USB Drivers correctly earlier, the flash tool will now recognize your device.
- Now click on the “AP” button from the ODIN Flash tool and file with “.tar” extension from the update kit that you downloaded earlier.
- Make sure that the “Auto-Reboot” and “F-Reset Time” boxes are ticked and all the remaining boxes are unchecked.
- Then hit the Start button to begin the flashing process.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once the process completes, your Smartphone will reboot.
Congratulations, you have now updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. In case of any queries, please leave them as comments below.