The Motorola Defy and the Motorola Defy+ are two of the most popular Android Smartphones released by Motorola. Both these Smartphones had some very impressive hardware specifications and a very decent price tag.
The Motorola Defy had a 3.7 inch display, 800 MHz processor backed up by 512 MB of RAM, 2 GB internal storage space, a 5 MP rear facing camera and a 1540 mAh battery. What differentiated the Defy+ from its sibling is its 1 GHz processor and 1700 mAh battery.
Official Android updates for both Motorola Defy and the Motorola Defy+ has already been stopped, as both these devices was released back in 2010 and features some very poor hardware specifications based on today’s standards. However, if you’re interested in running the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS on your Motorola Defy or the Defy+, you can by rooting your Smartphone and installing a custom ROM.
Motorola Defy Android 4.4 KitKat Update Guide
And if you’re out there in search of a tutorial on how to update your Motorola Defy or Defy+ to Android 4.4 Kitkat by installing custom ROM, then today we’re here with a detailed tutorial on the same.
Here are some warning statements for you to go through before trying to update your Motorola Defy or Defy+ by installing custom ROM:
- Rooting and installation of custom ROM’s will void the warranty over your Smartphone. Hence, proceed at your own will.
- We are not at all responsible if you damage your Motorola Defy or Defy+ during or after completing the guide mentioned below.
- We recommend you to take a complete backup of your Smartphone and its data because you’ll be losing every information stored in the internal storage space of your Motorola Defy or Defy+ during the processes mentioned below.
Below are a few prerequisite steps to perform before attempting to update your Motorola Defy or Defy+ to Android 4.4 Kitkat OS:
- Root your Motorola Defy or Defy+ Android Smartphones and install CWM recovery.
- Charge your Smartphone until it reaches a minimum battery backup of 80%.
- Download the recovery kit from here.
- Download the GApps kit from here.
- Download the ROM kit from here.
How To Update Motorola Defy or Defy+ to Android 4.4 Kitkat OS:
Below is the detailed guide on how to update Motorola Defy or Defy+ Android Smartphone to Android version 4.4 Kitkat:
- First of all, connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- And then copy and paste all the three ZIP files that you downloaded earlier.
- Disconnect your Smartphone from the PC.
- Power OFF your Smartphone.
- And then boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power+Home keys at the same time.
- Once you boot into recovery mode, do a “Factory Data Reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Then click on the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Now choose the recovery kit first, and confirm the selection and the recovery kit will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Next choose the ROM kit, confirm the selection and then the ROM will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Then choose the GApps kit and confirm the selection. Then the GApps kit will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Finally, choose the “Reboot System Now” option and your Smartphone will reboot.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updates your Motorola Defy or Motorola Defy+ Android Smartphones to Android 4.4 Kitkat. I hope you found this tutorial helpful, in case of any doubts or queries please mention them as comments below.