The HTC Explorer was one of the popular budget Android Smartphone, back when it was announced in September 2011. Well, the Smartphone has passed 2 years in service, and might surely perform and feel like an aged device, when compared to today’s Smartphone demons.
And in fact, there is no doubt that HTC has already forgotten this device, and therefore this Android Smartphone might not be getting any future Android software updates. However, it is still possible for you to upgrade your HTC Explorer to the latest Android version, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. And today, we’re here with a quick and easy to follow guide on how to update HTC Explorer to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS.
For this, you’ll have to root your HTC Explorer and then install Cyanogenmod 10.2 custom ROM on your Smartphone, which means that this is not an official ROM.
Below are yet some warning information that you should be aware of before attempting to install Cyanogenmod 10.2 custom ROM on your HTC Explorer:
- This guide will teach you only how to install Cyanogenmod 10.2 custom ROM on your HTC Explorer. Prior to following this guide, you’ll have to unlock the boot loader of your HTC Explorer, Root it, and then install CWM recovery.
- You may risk your device as there are chances of your device getting damaged during this process. Hence proceed at your own risk.
- We are not to be held liable for any issues that happens to your HTC Explorer during or after completing this process.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow prior to attempting to install Cyanogenmod 10.2 on your HTC Explorer:
- Make sure that your HTC Explorer has been rooted and CWM recovery has been installed.
- Make sure that your HTC Explorer has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for HTC Explorer on your PC.
- Download the installation kit from here.
- Download the Google Apps kit from here.
How To Update HTC Explorer To Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how you can update your HTC Explorer to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS:
- Connect your HTC Explorer to the PC.
- Now copy and paste the installation kit and google apps kit that you downloaded earlier to the external storage space on your HTC Explorer.
- Now, unplug your HTC Explorer from the PC.
- Switch off your Smartphone.
- And now boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Home+Power keys at the same time.
- Now perform a Data/Factory reset and wipe of Dalvik cache from the recovery menu.
- Now, from the recovery menu, click on the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- And now choose the installation kit that you copied and pasted earlier. And confirm the selection.
- Now the Cyanogenmod 10.2 custom ROM will be installed on your HTC Explorer.
- Now again from the main menu of the recovery mode, choose “Install ZIP From SD Card” and then choose the “Google Apps kit” this time. And confirm your selection.
- Now the Google Apps will be installed on your HTC Explorer.
- Go back to the main menu and click on “Reboot System Now” option.
- Now your HTC Explorer will be rebooted.
The reboot process might take some time than usual, as its the first boot after installing a custom ROM on your device. So please wait patiently. Congratulations, you have successfully installed Cyanogenmod 10.2 on your HTC Explorer and updated your HTC Explorer to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. In case of any doubts or queries, please leave them below.