If you have been waiting for the official Carbon version of the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat to release, then your wait is over as official Carbon Android 4.4.2 Kitkat build for Google Nexus 4 is finally out.
The Google Nexus 4 was one of the best Android Smartphones of 2012. Its sleek looks, great specifications, neat price tag and moreover, the Vanilla Android user experience made the Google Nexus 4 a perfect Android Smartphone companion not only for developers, but for the average consumers as well.
Team Carbon, who is behind the custom Android 4.4.2 ROM, has just released their firmware for the Google Nexus 4, and they claim it to be the fastest and the most stable custom Android 4.4.2 Kitkat build.
If you are interested in upgrading your Google Nexus 4 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat using the official Carbon build, then today we present you with a tutorial to achieve the same.
- To flash the Carbon custom Android 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM, you will need to root your LG Google Nexus 4 in the first place and then flash the CWM recovery.
- Rooting of Android Smartphones will void its warranty. And we are not to be blamed in case your Google Nexus 4 gets damaged during any of the processes mentioned below. Hence, proceed at your own risk only.
- You will not receive any future official Android updates once you root and flash this custom ROM on your LG Google Nexus 4.
- This process will wipe off all the data stored in the internal SD card of your LG Google Nexus 4 and will format the Smartphone afresh.
- This process should only be performed on LG Google Nexus 4 Android Smartphone with model number E960.
- Your LG Google Nexus 4 should have at least 80% of battery backup.
- Enable USB Debugging on your LG Google Nexus 4. To enable USB Debugging, go to Settings>About Phone. From About Phone, scroll down and tap on the Build Number tab a couple of times, this will unlock the Developer Settings. Now go back to Settings, then navigate to Developer Options and turn ON USB Debugging.
- Install the latest USB Drivers for Google Nexus 4 on your PC.
- Download the ROM package from here.
- Download the Google Apps kit from here.
How to Update Google Nexus 4 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat via Official Carbon ROM:
Below is the detailed tutorial that will lead you through the processes required to update the Google Nexus 4 Android Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system using the official Carbon ROM:
- First of all, connect your Smartphone to the PC and copy/paste both the downloaded files to the internal storage space of your Google Nexus 5.
- Now disconnect your Smartphone from the PC and Power it OFF.
- Next, boot your Smartphone into the Fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power keys.
- Now press the Volume Up key to jump into the recovery mode.
- From the recovery mode, perform a “Nandroid Backup”.
- Then perform a “Data Factory Reset”. Then perform a “Wipe Cache Partition” and then a “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Next, choose the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Now, choose the ROM kit that you placed on your Smartphone’s storage earlier. And confirm the selection.
- Now the ROM will be installed on your LG Google Nexus 4.
- Next, choose the Google Apps package, and confirm the selection.
- Now, the Google Apps kit will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Then, return back to the main menu of the recovery mode and click on “Reboot System Now”.
- Your Smartphone will now reboot. It may take 3-5 minutes for the reboot process to complete.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your LG Google Nexus 4 Android Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat via the official Carbon build ROM.