The Samsung Galaxy S4 is, no matter, the most popular Android Smartphone of 2013 till date and hence has gained wide spread popularity and demand. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is hugely popular for it’s top notch hardware specifications, and innovative software and camera features enhancements.
However, if you’re interested in rooting your Samsung Galaxy S4 and then installing some custom ROM, then you might need to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S4 prior to rooting it. And today, we’re here with a simple and detailed tutorial on how to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
Below are some warning statements that you should be knowing before attempting to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is an unauthorized process. Hence, we recommend you to proceed at your own risk only.
- We are not at all responsible even if you damage your Samsung Galaxy S4 during or after the unlocking process.
- Unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S3 might void its warranty. Hence after unlocking your Smartphone, you’ll no longer enjoy any warranty benefits over your Smartphone.
How To Unlock Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9500:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500:
- First of all, start the dialer app on your Samsung Galaxy S4 and then type in the numbers “*#0011#” on your keypad.
- This will launch the service mode on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- After the service mode launches completely, press the Menu key on your device.
- And now, a new options panel will appear.
- From the options panel, click on the option “Key Input”.
- Now a new popup box will appear, click on the same.
- And now, press “1” from your keypad and hit the OK option.
- Now, again press the Menu key on your device.
- And now select the “Back” option.
- Now, a new window will appear. It is the main menu of the service mode.
- Now, search for the first option titled “UMTS” and click on the same.
- After the UMTS menu loads completely, click on the “Debug Screen” option.
- Now, a new window will open.
- And from the window, click on “Phone Control”.
- From the Phone Control window, find and click on the option titled “Network Lock”.
- From the screen that loads up, click on the “Perso Sha256 OFF” option.
- Now continue pressing the Menu key and then selecting the Back option until you reach back to the UTMS main menu.
- Now, click on the “Common” option from the UTMS main menu.
- And now a new screen will appear, and now select the “NV Rebuild” option.
- Once the NV Rebuild menu loads up, click on the “Restore Backup” option.
Now your Samsung Galaxy S4 will enter the freeze mode, where the device might turn unresponsive for a couple of minutes. After that, your screen might turn black, the blue LED notification light might appear and the back and menu keys on your Samsung Galaxy S4 will be backlit. This is a normal process.
After these processes, your Samsung Galaxy S4 will reboot completely automatically and might take some time longer than usual. After the device is rebooted successfully, you completely unlocked your Samsung Galaxy S4.