Sony Xperia Ion users having the HSPA+ variant of the Smartphone, started getting the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update since the fall of last month. However, users having the LTE version of the Sony Xperia Ion were a bit disappointed, as they were not eligible for the update.
However, the latest updates on the Sony’s Xperia Blog, suggests that the LTE users will be getting the update, probably within the following weeks. The rollout of software update for the LTE variant will begin soon, and should reach all the users within the weeks to follow. As any other firmware or software updates, users will get the update over-the-air, and they’ll be able to download and install the software update from their respective Smartphones!
But, if you’re using a carrier-specific Smartphone, you’ll have to again wait for a while. As software updates for carrier specific Smartphones takes quite some time more than it’s expected to!
How To Update Sony Xperia Ion To Jelly Bean Manually :
If you haven’t received any update notification on your Sony Xperia Ion, then maybe you might have disabled update notification feature on your Smartphone.
Hence, you can check for and install the update manually. If you’re extremely new to Android, and is confused on how to update your Sony Xperia Ion to Jelly Bean, then below is a simple tutorial on how to perform the update:
- First of all, navigate to the Settings menu on your Sony Xperia Ion.
- From the Settings menu, scroll down to the bottom and find About The Phone.
- Click on About The Phone, then click on Software Updates.
- From the Software Updates panel, click on Check For Updates.
- Now your Smartphone will check for any available software or firmware updates.
- Make sure you’re connected to WIFI or Mobile Data Network, as checking for updates require an internet connection.
- If the software update for the Sony Xperia Ion is available in your region, your device will prompt you about the update.
- Make sure that your device has at least 80% battery backup before performing the update. Also make sure your Smartphone is connected to the internet via WIFI and not Mobile Data while the update takes place. If you download the update via Mobile Data, it will drain your Data Plan very quickly.
I hope you found this simple tutorial helpful. This tutorial was mainly intended for newbie Android users, and hence if you face any difficulty in the steps mentioned above, please leave your queries below in the comments.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2 XWUBMG1 Jelly Bean OTA Update
- Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update