We are at the Mobile World Congress 2014 and here we did get a chance to check out the Samsung Galaxy S5, with the 5.2-inch 1080p display and some exceptional features and specs. You could check out our hands-on video which would explain about all the features that the new flagship Galaxy S5 has got, but read below if you wanted to see a brief intro about the device.
The Galaxy S5 comes with the 5.2-inch Super AMOLED display with the Full HD resolution, and under the hood there is a 2.5 GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor along with 2GB of RAM. That’s right, Samsung hasn’t made any improvement to the RAM although the processor has got better from the previous version.
The best features of Samsung Galaxy S5 include the following, although this is not the entire list:
- 16-megapixel rear camera with the 4K video recording capability
- Kids mode with a separate interface and special apps for kids
- Heart rate monitor under the camera, which would check for the heart rate
- Finger scanner – the fingerprint scanner on the home button for unlocking the screen and making paypal payments with authorization
- New interface on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, with loads of changes
- Download booster – a new feature using which one can take advantage of both the Wi-Fi as well as the LTE networks together to download content in faster speeds
- Ultra power saving mode – a deeper mode in power saving where the interface changes to something very simpler to save battery when the remaining percentage is less than 10%.
Some of the other features include the Geo News, My Magazine, S Health 3.0 app (which has the pedometer and the heart rate monitor for managing health in a better way). Check out our Samsung Galaxy S5 hands-on to learn more, and comment if you liked the smartphone and are planning to purchase one when it is launched.