Even though the Samsung Galaxy S4, is the most popular high-end Smartphone out there now, there has been many complaints regarding the S4 amongst the users. Two of the main complaints being too low internal memory, and heating issues.
However, Samsung seems to take this issue really seriously and they’ve already released several OTA [Over The Air] firmware updates for the Samsung Galaxy S4, partially fixing the commonly debated issues of the S4.
The latest update released by Samsung for their Galaxy S4 Smartphone brings in yet more improvements into the Smartphone. And if you haven’t received the latest OTA update for your Samsung Galaxy S4 yet, then here we are today with a small and sweet tutorial on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest OTA Firmware Update.
This update is available for any unlocked variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and even if your country is not eligible for this update, you can update your Galaxy S4 following our manual method.
Below are some prerequisite information you need to know, before proceeding with the manual update process:
- We are not responsible in case your Samsung Galaxy S4 gets damaged during the update process.
- Make sure that your computer has USB Drivers of the Samsung Galaxy S4 installed. Else download it from here.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 is the international version, and not a carrier specific version.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S4 by going to Settings>Apps>Development>USB Debugging.
- Download ODIN Flash Tool from here.
- Download the Firmware Update Package from here.
Manually Install Firmware Update For Samsung Galaxy S4 :
Make sure that you’ve followed the prerequisites section correctly. If yes, then below is the tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest firmware manually:
- Extract both the folders that you downloaded earlier, to your desktop.
- Now open the ODIN Flash Tool folder, and run the .exe file.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S4, and boot into download mode by pressing Volume Down+Power keys at the same time.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the computer.
- The ODIN Flash Tool will successfully identify your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Now, from the flash tool click on the PDA button and choose the .tar file from the Firmware Update Package that you downloaded and extracted earlier.
- Now, from the flash tool click PHONE button and choose Modem from the Firmware Update Package [omit this step if no MODEM file is found].
- Now, from the flash tool click on the CSC button and choose the file named CSC.
- Now, from the flash tool click on the PIT button and choose .PIT file.
- Now finally from the Flash Tool, tick-mark “Auto-Reboot“, “F. Reset-Time” and the “Re-Partition” boxes. Only tick “Re-Partition” if you chose a “.PIT” file earlier.
- Verify that you’ve performed the above listed steps correctly.
- Now click on the START button from the Flash Tool.
- Now you’ll see a green progress bar at the top-left of the Flash Tool.
- When the first box goes full-green on the Flash Tool, your Samsung Galaxy S4 will reboot.
- As soon as the device reboots, unplug the Galaxy S4 from the computer.
Now you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S4 with the latest Firmware update. In case you face any difficulty in the update process listed above, please leave a comment below !
Check the other tutorials:
- Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update
- Sony Xperia Ion Android Jelly Bean Update
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Jelly Bean Update
- LG Optimus One Jelly Bean Update
- Sony Xperia Z C6602 Jelly Bean Update
- HTC One Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update