The Xolo A600 is one of the recenly launched smartphones from XOLO and it hsa come with the 4.5inch capacitive touchscreen and a qHD display, along with a dual-core processor clocking at 1.2 GHz. Having some neat specifications, users would want to take advantage of it and do more with the interface, which is not possible without rooting the Xolo A600. In the article below we explain how you can root your Xolo A600 smartphone using two methods.
Before you proceed with the procedure of Xolo A600 rooting, you need to check these warnings, and if you agree with them you can proceed ahead.
- We are not responsible if you are facing any issues while the rooting process happens. Because we tested it on our device with one method and it worked, but the final outcome depends on the device itself.
- Use the original USB cable, and have a good battery percentage on your phone, of at least 60% before you start the process.
Steps for Rooting Xolo A600
Install the drivers for the Xolo A600, by connecting the phone first to the computer where usually the computer tries to search for the drivers from the Internet, but if it doesn’t, then download the drivers and install: Click here.
Download the Xolo A600 Download Root Tool – Click here.
Many might argue that this is a root tool for other smartphones as well, and you are right because this tool works not just with the A600 but with the other smartphones too, especially the ones powered by the Mediatek chipset.
Enable the USB debugging in the Xolo A600. For doing that, you need to go to Settings and into the developer options and enable it.
- Now, when you connect the A600 to the computer you will see the notification, and now you need to open the Root Tool file which you downloaded and extracted.
- Let the tool search and find the connected device. Enter 1 and Press Enter.
- While the process is going on, the device would ask you to let it enter into the recovery mode. Allow it and then wait for the other steps to happen.
- Once successfully completed, you will be able to see the device in the tool and that is where you can notice that the rooting has been done.
Now after the A600 reboots, check whether the SuperSU tool has been installed or not. If not, then you can download that from the Play Store, and that should happen without a problem if the rooting was successful. Check for the rooting using the Root Checker application.
Didn’t work quite fine? Check for the second method below.
Method two for Rooting Xolo A600
Download Framaroot 1.4.1 apk file: Click here.
Transfer this apk file to your phone’s file system and install it after you allow the 3rd party app installation through Settings. After installing, open the Framaroot app and click on Superuser in the dropdown menu and click on Boromir. The process would happen in the phone and the tool would install the Superuser app in the phone. You can check for the rooting through the same Root Checker application shared above.
If you own a Xolo A500s, check out the tutorial to root Xolo A500s.
Tips & News via Email (It’s Free, we won’t spam)