The Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos, with the model numbers Samsung GT-B5512, Samsung GT-B5512B is an Android smartphone with the touchscreen as well as a QWERTY keypad. It’s a 2.6-inch touchscreen device in the Galaxy Y series but the main problem with this is the Android OS version, which is Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of the box. Just like with any other Android smartphone, the Galaxy Y Pro Duos can be rooted and then one can easily install any custom ROMs which would make it possible to run the later versions of Android in the Galaxy Y Pro Duos.
In the tutorial below, we explain how you can root the Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512. You will have to go through the warnings, prerequisites and then the step-by-step rooting procedure for the Galaxy Y Pro Duos rooting. The different warnings are as below:
- It is not an official process, and thus rooting would void the warranty of the smartphone. If you are planning to show the device anytime in the service center, better don’t root it. If the warranty period is expired, then you can try the process.
- Proceed at your own risk, as for a few users the process might damage the internal system of the smartphone.
- We are not responsible for any damage, although we can do our best in helping you out in resolving the problem.
Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos Rooting Prerequisites
- You need to download the rootkit, i.e. OneClickRoot software which is tested to work with this device: Link
- Ensure that the battery in the smartphone is at least 75%, so that the process doesn’t get stuck if at all the battery drains
- Download and install the drivers (Samsung Kies) for the Galaxy Y Pro Duos: Link
- Enable the USB debugging in your smartphone, by going to Settings > Developer options and there you would see the debugging option.
Galaxy Y Pro Duos Rooting Procedure
Follow these steps given below to root your Y Pro Duos, but just don’t restart the procedure from between if at all the phone is stuck at any point. That would permanently cause a problem to the device.
- First, connect your device to the computer using the USB cable
- If you have installed the drivers or Kies, the phone should automatically be recognized by the computer
- Open the One Click Root application which you had downloaded
- Follow the onscreen instructions given in the phone, and in the end of the instructions you would see the “Root Now” button which you need to click
- The rooting process would occur automatically and the phone would restart after that
Once the process happens, you can check out whether the rooting has happened correctly, using the Root Checker application. If you are looking for the rooting tutorials for any other smartphones, check out the Rooting Guides section.