The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is one of the most popular Android Smartphone and was Samsung’s flagship Android Smartphone of the year 2012 as well. The Samsung Galaxy S3 brought in some very innovative features and functions which really changed the Smartphone industry. A year has passed since the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and it is still one of the hottest Android Smartphone you can get for a price tag below $300.
However, if you’re not still satisfied with the performance of your Samsung Galaxy S3, you can tweak the performance of your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 by simply rooting it. And today we’re here with a guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android Smartphone.
Here are a few warning information that you should be aware of before attempting to root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting will void the warranty of the Android Smartphone. And hence, once you root your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 you’ll lose all warranty benefits over your Smartphone.
- Rooting has its own risks of damaging your Smartphone. And hence we recommend you to only proceed at your own risk and we are not to be blamed or held responsible if you end up damaging your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 during or after completing the rooting process.
- Take a complete backup of your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 so that you don’t lose any of your data in case something goes wrong.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to complete before attempting to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300:
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 on your PC.
- Download the root kit from here.
- Download ODIN Flash Tool from here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S3 by going through Settings> Developer Settings> and then ticking the USB Debugging check box.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300:
Here comes the detailed guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android Smartphone easily:
- Extract both the root kit and the ODIN Flash tool that you downloaded earlier.
- Now Switch OFF your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Boot into download mode by pressing Volume Down+Power+Home keys.
- Once your Samsung Galaxy S3 enters download mode, connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- And then, double click and run the ODIN Flash tool from the extracted folder.
- A new window will appear and from the window click on the PDA button.
- Now choose the file with “.tar” extension from the extracted root kit folder.
- Make sure that the “Repartition” check box is unchecked.
- Then click on the Start button.
- And then wait for the rooting process to end. At the end of the rooting process, your Samsung Galaxy S3 will reboot.
Congratulations, you have now successfully completed rooting your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
I hope this tutorial helped you well in rooting your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. In case of any queries please do mention them as comments below so that we can help you out.