Samsung is best known for creating monstrous Android Smartphones, both in performance and size. And one such monstrous Android Smartphone from Samsung is the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. The Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 was introduced a few months back. And the best fact that distinguishes this Smartphone from others, is its huge 6.3 inch screen.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and if you’re not satisfied with its performance, then you can boost up its performance by rooting it and then installing some custom ROM of your choice. And today, we will be showing you how to root your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and install CWM recovery. So let’s begin.
Below are some warning statements that you should read before attempting to root your Samsung Galaxy mega 6.3:
- Rooting of Android Smartphones is not an authorized process. Hence, you will void all warranties that your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 holds after you root it.
- We are not responsible if you damage your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 during or after completing the rooting process. Hence, proceed at your own risk only.
- You may not get any official firmware or software update once you root your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to complete, before proceeding to root your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3:
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 on your PC.
- Download the root kit from here.
- Download CWM Recovery file from here.
- Download ODIN Flash tool from here.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 And Install CWM Recovery:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and then to install CWM Recovery in it:
- First of all, extract the ODIN Flash tool and the CWM Recovery kit.
- And now, connect your Smartphone to the computer.
- And then run the ODIN Flash tool.
- If you’ve installed the USB Drivers properly, then the ODIN Flash Tool must identify your device.
- Now, click on the PDA check box and then select the file with “.tar” extension from the extracted CWM Recovery folder.
- And then click on the Start button.
- Now CWM Recovery will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3.
- After the first box goes completely green, your device will begin to reboot.
- Wait for the reboot to complete successfully.
- Now, copy/paste the root kit folder that you downloaded earlier to your device’s storage.
- Now disconnect your Smartphone from the computer and switch it off.
- Now boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+power+Home keys at the same time.
- Now from the recovery mode home menu, click on “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- And now, select the root kit folder that you copied and pasted to the storage of your device and confirm the selection.
- Now the root kit will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3.
- Now return back to the home screen of the recovery mode and click on the “Reboot System Now” option.
- Now your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. will reboot.
The reboot process might take some while longer than usual. Therefore, please be patient and wait for the reboot to complete successfully. And congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy mega 6.3 and installed CWM Recovery.
For some other tips, read on how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S4.