We are not much used to QWERTY keyboard based Smartphone powered by the Android OS. Normally we either see a full touch type Android Smartphone or is a hybrid between touch and type.
One such hybrid featuring a 3 inch touchscreen as well as a QWERTY keyboard is the Samsung Galaxy Chat Android Smartphone which was released back in the 2nd quarter of 2012.
As you could expect from the name, the Smartphone largely targeted typing masters who would love a Smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard for the ease of typing. And for the price point at which this Smartphone was sold, the other hardware specs were descent too.
Now that times have passed and the hardware embedded in the Samsung Galaxy Chat might exhibit lags and stutters in its performance. And one of the best ways to prevent your Samsung Galaxy Chat from being a slow couch is by rooting it and then installing some custom ROM of your choice.
But not all rooting guide’s are to be trusted. So, to help our readers root their Samsung Galaxy Chat, we’re here today with a detailed guide that would help you to root Samsung Galaxy Chat Android Smartphone.
Below are some warning info’s that you should go through before committing this rooting tutorial:
- Samsung Galaxy Chat Android Smartphone is available with the following model numbers (B5330, B5330B and B5330L). And this tutorial is applicable for all the mentioned model numbers.
- There are risks of damaging your Samsung Galaxy Chat during the rooting process. Hence we warn you to proceed at your own risk only and we are not to be held responsible if you damage your Samsung Galaxy Chat during the rooting process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware upgrades after you root your Samsung Galaxy Chat Android Smartphone.
- You will void the warranty of an Android device if you root it. And hence, you’ll void the warranty over your Samsung Galaxy Chat after rooting it.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to complete in order to proceed to the rooting guide:
- First of all download and install the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Chat on your PC.
- Now, make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Chat has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Chat.
- Download the root kit matching your device model number:
1. Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330
2. Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330B
3. Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330L
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Chat Android Smartphone:
Now, below is the detailed tutorial on how to root Samsung Galaxy Chat Android Smartphone:
- Extract the root kit that you downloaded earlier.
- And now Power OFF your Samsung Galaxy Chat.
- And then, boot into download mode by pressing the Volume Down+Power keys on your Samsung Galaxy Chat.
- In download mode you can use the Volume rockers for up and down navigation and the power key for ENTER respectively.
- Now from the root kit that you extracted earlier, run the ODIN.exe file.
- Now a new window will appear.
- If you installed the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Chat correctly, the ODIN Flash Tool will now identify your Smartphone and register it.
- Now from the ODIN Flash Tool, click on the PDA button and then choose the “Auto-Root.tar” file from the extracted root kit folder.
- Make sure that only the Auto Reboot button is checked on the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Now click on the Start button.
- Now the rooting process will begin.
- Once the first box in the ODIB Flash tool goes completely green, your device will start to reboot.
- Now unplug the Smartphone from the PC.
- Wait for the reboot process to complete.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Chat Android Smartphone. In case of any doubts, please leave them as comments below and we’re always here to help you out. Some of the other Samsung Galaxy smartphones which you can root, can be checked here: Rooting Guides.