The LG Optimus G Pro Android Smartphone, with its 5.5 inch display, can be called a “Phablet” rather than a “Smartphone”. It’s a direct competitor to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in the market, but out-ranges the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in every aspect. The primary reason being that the LG Optimus G Pro is a more recent release.
The LG Optimus G Pro gives a more premium look and feel, when held in the hands than the Galaxy Note 2. However, sliding down this huge beast will remain an issue.
As for every other popular Android Smartphones out there, there are many custom built ROM’s for the LG Optimus G Pro too. And these ROM’s can be installed, after rooting your LG Optimus G Pro and installing a recovery. If you have an AT&T carrier specific LG Optimus G Pro variant, and if you’re looking out for a detailed tutorial to root your LG Optimus G Pro, then you’re at the right place.
As today, we will be guiding you through a detailed tutorial on how to root your AT&T carrier specific LG Optimus G Pro.
LG Optimus G Pro AT&T Rooting Warnings:
Rooting is a complex process. And hence, we would like to provide you with some warning information before actually moving to the rooting guide:
- Rooting your Android Smartphone is not an authorized process. And after rooting your Android Smartphone, you’ll automatically void the warranty of your Smartphone. Hence, after you root your LG Optimus G Pro, you’ll enjoy no warranty benefits over your LG Optimus G Pro.
- Rooting is a complex process. Hence, while following our rooting guide, only use tools that we mention in this tutorial.
- We are not responsible if your brick or damage your LG Optimus G Pro, in-between the rooting process. Hence, proceed at your own risk.
- This rooting guide is solely meant for the AT&T variant of the LG Optimus G Pro. And hence, should not be done on any other variants or Smartphones.
LG Optimus G Pro AT&T Rooting Prerequisites:
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow, before rooting your LG Optimus G Pro:
- Make sure that your LG Optimus G Pro has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that your computer has USB Drivers for LG Optimus G Pro installed. Else, install it from here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your LG Optimus G Pro. Go through Settings>General>Developer Options>and tick the USB Debugging option.
- Download and extract the Root Kit to your desktop, from here.
How To Root LG Optimus G Pro On AT&T Network:
Make sure that you’ve read and followed the warning and prerequisites section above. If yes, below is the detailed tutorial on how to root the AT&T variant of the LG Optimus G Pro.
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded and extracted the Root Kit mentioned above.
- Now connect your LG Optimus G Pro to your computer.
- From the extracted Root Kit, click and run the “CurrentRoot.bat” file.
- Now, a command prompt window will appear.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed through the rooting process.
- After you finish the on-screen instructions, the rooting process will begin.
- After the rooting process ends, your LG Optimus G Pro will reboot.
- After the reboot ends, go to the applications drawer of your LG Optimus G Pro and make sure that “SuperUser [SU]” is installed.
If you find SuperUser installed, then you have successfully rooted your LG Optimus G Pro. Other rooting guides: