The HTC Desire V is a 4-inch device that comes with the Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon Cortex A5 processor clocking at 1 GHz speed, and the Adreno 200 GPU. The unrooted device has been showing some slowing down and problem in performance and rooting it can help in making it better, but you need to understand the risks involved while trying to root the HTC Desire V.
The following article below would assist in HTC Desire V rooting, and you will have to follow the guidelines correctly for the rooting to happen properly. Firstly before you start the rooting process, read the following note:
Note: Rooting your Android phone voids the warranty of the phone, and thus you should keep in mind that you are risking it if you are rooting the phone. Also, we are not responsible if the phone faces any problem.
Requirements for HTC Desire V Rooting
- Always ensure that the device has got a full charge or at least 75% of the charge of the battery
- Take a backup of the device because the data might be lost if you are rooting it
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your HTC Desire V – Go to Settings > Manage Applications > Development – where you have to select the option of USB debugging
- Download the drivers and install for the HTC Desire V – Click here
- Install the latest version of Java on your computer, and also ensure that the device is an unlocked version or the bootloader is unlocked.
Download the HTC Desire V All in one HTC Toolkit – Click here
HTC Desire V Rooting Procedure
The following steps would guide you through the HTC Desire V root procedure, and you can do that only after you ensure all the requirements are fulfilled.
- Extract the downloaded toolkit on the desktop
- Open the rooting program from the extracted folder and run it
- If at all the phone drivers were perfectly installed, then the tool will detect it and open a window with the listed options, where you need to select Root and then will have to follow the on-screen instruction
The HTC Desire V rooting process would take some time, so be patient and do not do anything until the process is totally completed.
The Desire V from HTC would be rooted with this guide, but do go through this page if you are facing any issues, because XDA developers forum is the main area where you can get most of the solutions. Check how to root HTC Desire HD.
For those who are confused and own a HTC One V but not the Desire series one, check how to root HTC One V.
Tips & News via Email (It’s Free, we won’t spam)