The Desire V is a very popular Android Smartphone manufactured by HTC, that was released on June 2012. The Smartphone has some very impressive hardware specifications, which includes a 1 GHz cortex A5 processor, 512 MB of RAM and a 5 MP camera. Even though these hardware specifications were impressive when the HTC Desire V was launched, it might feel sluggish according to today’s Smartphone standards.
And one of the most common ways to bring back the performance glory of your HTC Desire V is by rooting it and then installing some custom ROM built for HTC Desire V on your choice. And if you’re in search of a tutorial which will guide you through the processes to root the HTC Desire V, then you’re at the right spot. As today, we will be guiding you through a detailed article on how to root HTC Desire V.
Below are some warning statements for you to read, before proceeding to root your HTC Desire V Android Smartphone:
- Rooting is an unauthorized process. Hence, you will lose all warranty benefits over your HTC Desire V after rooting it.
- We are not at all responsible if you damage your HTC Desire V during or after completing the rooting process. Hence, it is strictly recommended to proceed at your own risk only.
- You may or may not get any official firmware or software updates after rooting your HTC Desire V.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow, before attempting to root your HTC Desire V:
- Make sure that your HTC Desire V has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed USB Drivers for HTC Desire V on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC Desire V by going through Settings>Manage Apps>Development>and then ticking the USB Debugging check box.
- Please do unlock the boot loader of your HTC Desire V prior to rooting it from here.
- Download the root kit for your HTC Desire V from here.
How To Root HTC Desire V:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to root HTC Desire V Android Smartphone:
- Download and extract the root kit.
- Connect your HTC Desire V to the computer.
- Now run the “.exe” file from the extracted root kit.
- A new window will appear.
- If you installed the USB Drivers correctly, the root kit will identify your device. If not, then re-install the USB Drivers.
- Go to the “Root Section” of the root kit application and follow the on-screen instructions.
- At the end of the on-screen instructions, the rooting process will begin.
- Wait for the rooting process to complete.
- After the rooting processes get completed, manually restart your device.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your HTC Desire V Android Smartphones using the HTC Toolkit.