Almost every major Smartphone manufacturers are updating their Android Smartphones to the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system. However, if you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android Smartphone with built model number N7100, then there are high chances that your Android Smartphone must not have received any official software update to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
If you are eagerly waiting to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android Smartphone to the latest Android 4.4.2 operating system, then you can easily do so by rooting an upgrading your Smartphone to the latest firmware. If you are in search of a tutorial to accomplish this task, do not worry any more, as today we are here with a detailed tutorial on how to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android Smartphone and upgrade to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system.
This tutorial should be only applied on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android Smartphone with model number N7100. We also recommend you to manually backup all the data stored on your Smartphone, safely. Also, in case something disastrous happens to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android Smartphone, we are not to be blamed. So please continue at your own risk.
Moreover, rooting will void the warranty of your Android Smartphone and you may not receive any future official software or firmware updates.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to complete before attempting to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and updating it to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- Enable USB Debugging on your Smartphone.
- Download the ODIN tool from here.
- Download the root kit from here.
- Charge your Smartphone.
- Download and install the latest drivers for your Smartphone, on your PC.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and Upgrade to Android 4.2.2 Kitkat:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to root and update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android Smartphone to the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- Extract both the files that you downloaded earlier, from your computer.
- Power Off your Smartphone.
- Double-click and run the ODIN tool from the extracted folder.
- Press the Volume Down+Power+Home keys to boot your Smartphone into the download mode.
- Connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- The ODIN tool will now recognize and register your Smartphone.
- From the ODIN tool, click on the PDA button.
- Now select the extracted root kit from the stored folder.
- Then click on the Start button to begin the rooting process.
- After the rooting process completes, the first box in the ODIN flash tool will turn green and the “Success” message will appear.
- Now your Smartphone will reboot.
- Wait for the reboot process to complete successfully.
- After the reboot process completes, check whether the SuperUserSU app has been installed or not.
- If yes, then you can now disconnect your Smartphone from the PC.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and updated it to the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. I hope you found this tutorial helpful and easy. If you came across any issues or difficulties in executing the above written tutorial, then please leave your problems as comments below so that we can help you out.