The Samsung Galaxy S3 was the most popular Android Smartphone of 2012, without any doubt. It had top-notch hardware specifications, innovative software features and an amazing design.
Well, the Samsung Galaxy S3 may look a bit outdated now, but it’s not a slow couch either. But if you compare the Samsung Galaxy S3 with the flagship Android Smartphones of 2013, like the Samsung Galaxy S4 or the HTC One, you’ll rather notice the difference.
But, hey don’t feel bad, because we have something interesting for you.
You can regenerate the beast in your Samsung Galaxy S3, but Overclocking the processor. Using the Overclocking process, we will reset the clock speed of your Samsung Galaxy S3 from 1.4 GHz to 1.8 GHz. Which means, after Overclocking you’ll experience a considerable speed boost.
And today, we will be guiding you through the entire process on how to overclock your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Overclocking: Warnings:
Before we jump into the Overclocking process, below are some warning information that you should know:
- You should root your Samsung Galaxy S3, and install a custom recovery before proceeding with the overclocking process described here.
- Rooting your Android Smartphone is an unauthorized process. Hence you’ll no more get any software or firmware updates on your Samsung Galaxy S3 after rooting it.
- Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S3 will void its warranty. And hence, your Samsung Galaxy S3 will no longer enjoy any warranty benefits after rooting.
- Please research about the advantages and disadvantages for overclocking your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- You should install cyanogenmod 10.1 ROM before following this guide.
- We are not responsible in case your Samsung Galaxy S3 gets damaged during or after the Overclocking process.
- DO NOT follow this guide if your Samsung Galaxy S3 is not running Cyanogenmod 10+ .
- This guide is solely meant for the Internation variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT- I9300. And therefore, this installation guide should not be performed on any other model or variant.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow, before proceeding to Overclock your Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S3 has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Download the kernel kit from here.
- Download the SetCPU Android app from here.
- Install ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store.
How To Overclock Samsung Galaxy S3?
Now, below is the detailed tutorial on how to overclock your Samsung Galaxy S3:
- First of all, copy/paste both the kernel kit and the SetCPU app to your external SD card.
- Now, power off your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Now enter recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Home+Power keys at the same time.
- From the recovery menu, click on “Choose ZIP From SD Card”.
- And now, choose the kernel kit that you transferred to your external SD card earlier. And confirm the selection.
- The kernel kit will now be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Go back to the main menu of the recovery mode, and click on “Reboot System Now”.
- And now, your Samsung Galaxy S3 will reboot.
- You will see a new animation on the boot screen, and wait for the Smartphone to completely boot up.
- Once your Smartphone boots up, using the ES File Explorer navigate to your external SD card.
- And now, click on the SetCPU .apk file that you transferred to your external SD card earlier.
- And the SetCPU app will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Now, click on the SetCPU app from your app drawer.
- And simply slide the maximum and minimum frequency sliders to your desired frequency levels. For durability and stability, don’t set the minimum frequency above 200 MHz and don’t increase the maximum frequency level above 1.6 GHz.