Motorola announced the Moto E, their next budget Smartphone contender, after the critically acclaimed Moto G. The Moto E, like its siblings, went out of stock within just 16 hours of official launch. The main reason for this blast of sales for the Moto E is because it is also leniently prices like its elder siblings, the Moto X and the Moto G.
The Motorola Moto E features some great hardware specifications for the price, such as a 1.3 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 5 MP primary camera, 1930 mAh battery and runs on the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system with Motorola’s promise of future updates at the earliest. Well, Motorola has indeed cut corners in a few areas, like the removal of a secondary front facing camera, and also the exclusion of LED flash and auto focus for the primary camera. However, these can be easily justified when we bring in the price of the Moto E, which costs only RS. 6,999 in India. Other Smartphones in the same price range does not offer as much as quality and performance as the Moto E, for sure.
Within just days of official launch, our developer community has now come with an easy method to root the Motorola Moto E. And today we are here with a detailed guide on how to root Moto E easily, for our beloved readers who own a Moto E.
Before we begin, there are a few information that you must know:
- Rooting gives you the administrator of your Smartphone, which is locked by default. As you will be violating the Terms and Conditions of Motorola as you root your Moto E, you will void the warranty of your Moto E as well.
- There are risks of damaging your Moto E during the rooting process. Hence, proceed at your own risk only and we are not responsible in case of any issues.
- Take a backup of all the data stored on your Moto E before rooting it.
Below are some prerequisite stuffs to complete before attempting to root the Moto E Android Smartphone:
- Enable USB Debugging on your Moto E.
- Download and install the latest USB Drivers for Moto E on your PC.
- Charge your Smartphone until it reaches a minimum of 60%.
- Download the Fastboot tool from here.
- Download the recovery.img file from here.
- Download SuperUserSu from here.
How to root Moto E easily:
Below is the detailed guide on how to root Motorola Moto E easily:
- Download and extract the Fastboot package on your PC.
- Now, copy and paste the recovery file that you downloaded, to the extracted Fastboot package folder.
- Next, connect your Moto E to the PC, copy the SuperUserSu package to your Moto E and disconnect.
- Power OFF your Moto E and boot into bootloader mode by pressing Power+Volume Down keys.
- Connect your Smartphone to the PC again.
- From your PC, again go to the extracted Fastboot folder and press the Shift key along with the right mouse key on an empty space in the folder.
- This will open the Command Prompt window.
- Type in the following command in the Command Prompt window “Fastboot Flash Recovery image recovery image.
- Now disconnect your Smartphone from the PC and again boot into the bootloader mode and this time choose the Volume Down key to enter recovery mode.
- Now, choose the Install ZIP From SD Card option.
- Now, select the SuperUserSU package that you copied to your Smartphone earlier.
- Wait for the rooting process to complete.
- Reboot your Moto E once the rooting process completes.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Moto E Android Smartphone easily.