A Few years back, when the Samsung Galaxy S2 was announced, it dramatically transformed the Smartphones industry and hence started the winning streak for Samsung as well. Since then, every Galaxy Smartphone from Samsung has been an instant hit and people have loved Samsung Smartphones as well.
As of now, the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 is pretty old and is no longer eligible to receive any future official Android software updates released by Samsung. Samsung has begun the procedures to release the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat official firmware for supporting Smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and so on. However, if you happen to still own a Samsung Galaxy S2, there are very few chances for you to receive any official Android 4.2.2 software update.
However, you can still update your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS manually. And today we are here with a detailed guide on how to manually update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system.
Below are a few warning statements that you should be aware of before updating your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat:
- Updating your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 manually to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat requires rooting.
- Rooting voids the warranty of your Smartphone.
- We are not responsible in case you damage your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 during or after completing the rooting process. Hence proceed at your own risk only.
- We recommend you to take a backup of all the data stored in your Smartphone, as you will be losing them during this process.
- This guide should only be performed on Samsung Galaxy S2 with model number GT-i9100.
Here are some prerequisite procedures to complete prior to manually updating your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat:
- Backup all your data from your Smartphone.
- Download and install the latest USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Smartphone.
- Download the ROM kit from here.
- Download the Google Apps kit from here.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to manually update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- First of all, copy and paste both the downloaded folders on to the external storage card of your Smartphone.
- Power OFF your Smartphone.
- Boot your Smartphone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Power+Home keys at the same time.
- From the recovery menu, perform a “Factory/Data Reset”, “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Next, choose the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Then choose the ROM kit that you placed on to your external SD card earlier.
- Confirm the selection. Now the ROM will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Next, choose the Google Apps kit and confirm the selection.
- Now the Google Apps kit will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 Android Smartphone.
- Now return back to the main menu of recovery mode and choose “Reboot System Now”.
- Your Smartphone will now reboot. Wait for the reboot process to complete successfully.
Congratulations. You have now successfully manually updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system.