The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is a very popular Android Smartphone, and is the third successor to Samsung’s homegrown “Note” lineup. The Samsung Galaxy Note series, a few years back, started the Phablet series in the Smartphones industry and has been leading the Phablet industry since then. The main advantage of the Samsung Galaxy Note series is indeed its top notch specifications, bigger screen fitted on to a smaller form factor and of course its S-Pen functionality. The latest addition by Samsung into the “Galaxy Note” series, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, follows this tradition as well. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 features great software, top notch performing hardware, improved built quality, vibrant display size and of course improved and new features of the S-Pen as well.
However, one of the biggest issues that any user owning a Samsung Android Smartphone face is its delayed Android firmware updates. Samsung is always late in rolling out latest Android software updates into its Galaxy lineup of Smartphones. And this creates a lot of frustration in its users as well. Samsung is trying to cope up with this issue, and they are trying their best to push the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update to as many compatible devices, as soon as possible. So, there is no doubt that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be receiving the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update sooner or later. However, if you are impatient enough to wait for the official Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for Samsung Galaxy Note 3, then you can simply update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat manually. And if you are in search of a tutorial on how to update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, then today we are here with a detailed tutorial of the same.
Update Galaxy Note 3 to Android KitKat 4.4.2
Below are some warning statements that you should read before trying to manually update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- This process of manually updating your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat requires rooting.
- Rooting can void the warranty of your Smartphone.
- We are not responsible in case you damage your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android Smartphone during or after completing the rooting process. Therefore, proceed at your own risk and will only.
- You may not receive any official software or firmware updates once you root your Android Smartphone.
Check out: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting Guide
Here are a few prerequisite procedures to follow prior to manually updating your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- Download and install the latest USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on your PC.
- Download the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update package for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from here.
- Download the ODIN tool from here.
- Charge your Smartphone.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to manually update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- First of all, extract both the downloaded folders from your PC.
- From the extracted ODIN tool folder, run the ODIN app.
- Now connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- The ODIN tool will now recognize and register your Smartphone.
- Now click on the PDA button.
- Then choose the update file from the second extracted folder.
- Then click the Start button.
- The update process will now begin.
- Once the update process completes, the first box in the ODIN tool will go completely green, and “PASS” message will appear.
- Your Smartphone will now reboot.
- Unplug your Smartphone from the PC.
- Check whether the SuperUserSu app has been installed.
Congratulations, you have now successfully manually updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system.