Many major Smartphone manufacturers like Motorola, LG, Sony etc., has started to push the latest Android 4.4.2 firmware to supported and flagship Android Smartphones. And as you might expect, Samsung is always late in pushing the latest Android updates to their Android Smartphone offerings.
However, seems like Samsung has changed their mind, and they too are indeed updating their Android Smartphones to the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system, in a slow pace. If you are owning a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, then you must be glad to know that your Smartphone too will be receiving an official Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware update in the months to come. However, if you are really impatient to try out the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2, then you can try manually updating your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 firmware.
And if you are in search of a well-researched and detailed tutorial on how to manually update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, then you are on your luck, as today we are here with a tutorial on the same.
- Manually updating your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android Smartphone will require rooting.
- Rooting voids the warranty of your Android Smartphone.
- This rooting guide should be only performed on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android Smartphone with model number N7100.
- We are not responsible in case you damage your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 during or after completing the rooting process.
- We recommend you to take a backup of all the data stored on your Smartphone, as the processes mentioned below will wipe off all data stored on your Smartphone.
Below are some prerequisite tasks to complete before going on with the processes required to manually update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- Download the ODIN tool from here.
- Download the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware package from here.
- Charge your Smartphone.
- Download and install the latest drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on your PC.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat:
Now below is the detailed guide that will let you through the processes required to manually update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware:
- Extract both the files you downloaded.
- From the extracted ODIN tool folder, run the ODIN app.
- Power Off your Smartphone.
- Now press the Volume Down+Power+Home keys on your Smartphone to boot it into the Download mode.
- Connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- The ODIN tool will now recognize and register your Smartphone.
- From the ODIN tool, click on the PDA button.
- Now choose the firmware file from the second extracted folder.
- Click on the Start button.
- Now the rooting process will begin.
- After the rooting process completes, the first box in the ODIN tool will go completely green and the “Success” message will appear.
- Your Smartphone will now reboot.
- After the reboot process completes, disconnect your Smartphone from the PC.
- Check whether the SuperUserSU app has been installed on your Smartphone or not.
Congratulations, you have now successfully manually updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.