LG Optimus One Android Smartphone looks a bit aged nowadays. It has some very low-end hardware specifications, according to today’s standards. Even though the performance of this device has begun to cease, it’s still a deal-breaker.
And now, if you’re willing to root your LG Optimus One, then you can taste Android 4.1 Jelly Bean too. Yes, I mean it. And today, we are here with a small and simple tutorial on how to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, custom built ROM on your LG Optimus One.
LG Optimus One Jelly Bean Update Guide
This process deals with custom ROM’s, and we would like to provide you with some warning information, before jumping into the installation guide:
- Rooting your Smartphone is not an authorized procedure. And after rooting, you’ll lose your warranty over your Smartphone. Hence, you’ll no more enjoy any warranty benefits on behalf of your LG Optimus One.
- You need to root your LG Optimus One, prior to installing this custom ROM.
- You’ll lose all information stored on your Internal SD Card, in between the installation process. This includes your phonebook contacts, apps and any other data stored on your internal storage.
- After installing this custom ROM, you’ll not get any future official software or firmware updates.
- We are not responsible, in case your LG Optimus One gets damaged or bricked in between the installation process.
Below are some prerequisite informations that you should know, before proceeding to install this custom ROM on your LG Optimus One:
- Make sure that your LG Optimus One has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that your computer has the USB Drivers for LG Optimus One installed.
- Make sure that your LG Optimus One is ROOTED.
- Enable USB Debugging on your LG Optimus One by going through Settings>Apps>Development> and enable USB Debugging.
- Download the ROM Kit from here.
- Download the GA-Apps kit from here.
Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM On LG Optimus One:
Make sure that prior to beginning the installation process, you have read and followed the Warnings and Prerequisites section. If yes, then below is the detailed tutorial on how to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your LG Optimus One:
- Make sure that you downloaded the ROM Kit and the GA-Apps.
- Now connect your LG Optimus One to your computer
- Transfer both, ROM Kit and the GA-Apps kit to your SD card.
- Now, disconnect your Smartphone and Shut it down.
- Boot your LG Optimus One to recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power keys at the same time.
- Now from the recovery mode main menu, click on “Install ZIP From SD Card”.
- From the SD card, choose the ROM Kit that you transferred to your SD Card earlier. And confirm your selection.
- Now, the ROM Kit must have been installed on your LG Optimus One.
- Once more, go to the main menu of the Recovery Menu and choose “Install ZIP From SD Card”.
- And this time, choose the GA-Apps kit that you copy/pasted to your SD Card earlier. And confirm your selection.
- And now, the GA-Apps kit must have been installed.
- Now go back to the main menu and click on “Reboot System Now” and wait for your LG Optimus One to reboot.
The reboot process may take longer than usual, as its the first boot after installing the custom ROM. so please wait peacefully !
Finally, you have successfully installed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your LG Optimus One.