To get the Android 4.2.2 Android version on your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 device, you need to install a custom ROM which seems to be the only way right now. The custom ROM available for the Galaxy Ace looks pretty neat and this is available since before the nightly release, and a lot of users have reported this ROM to be very stable and good at use.
The overclocking with this custom ROM is stable and that didn’t respond badly when the clocking was done to 979Mhz as one of the user reports. The stock CPU speed is to be set to keep the battery life better and the draining of the battery to the minimal levels. This is said to be one of the smoothest Android Jelly bean ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 device.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Download & Install
Firstly to download the custom Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM for Galaxy Ace, you need to go to the following link: Click here.
Now, follow the below given instructions to install the Custom ROM and get the Android 4.2.2 Update to your Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone:
- After you have downloaded the Custom ROM, copy it to the SD card of your phone by connecting it to the PC with the USB cable
- Now, boot your Android phone to the Recovery mode
- In the recovery mode, you need to access using the Volume up and down buttons
- First, Wipe Data and Wipe Cache and also Wipe Dalvik
- Install the Zip file from the SD card which you had copied after downloading
- Reboot the device once the installation is completed
After the reboot, there would be an installation wizard shown which you have to follow and then press the home button once done. To confirm whether the new custom ROM has been installed, check the Android version by going to Settings > About. If at all you are seeing any problem while installing this Custom ROM, do let us know in the comments section and we would try to help you with that.
If at all you are using some other devices, you can check out – Custom ROM Android 4.2.2 for Samsung Galaxy Note, SlimBean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Nexus 4 and the guide to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Y.