LG is best known for their sleek and sturdy designs, stunning displays and software features. And one such Android Smartphone from LG is the LG Optimus 4X HD. The LG Optimus 4X HD was launched back in February of 2012 and has some very impressive hardware specifications such as a 4.7 inch 720p HD display, 1.5 GHz quad core processor, 1 GB of RAM, 8 MP rear facing camera accompanied by a 1.3 MP front facing camera.
If you’re a person who likes to flash custom built ROM’s on your Android Smartphone, and if you own a LG Optimus 4X HD then there’s a happy news for you. As the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM is now officially available for the LG Optimus 4X HD.
And if you’re out there seeking for a tutorial on how to install Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM on LG Optimus 4X HD, then today we’re here with a tutorial on the same.
Before we begin the guide to install Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM on LG Optimus 4X HD, below are a few warning statements that you should be aware of:
- Rooting and installation of custom ROM’s on Android Smartphones tends to void the warranty of your Smartphone. Hence once you root your LG Optimus 4X HD and install any custom ROM, you’ll void its warranty as well.
- There are risks of damaging your LG Optimus 4X HD Android Smartphone in case you misfollow the guide mentioned below. Hence proceed at your own risk only and we are not to be blamed in case you end up damaging your Smartphone.
- Your LG Optimus 4X HD Android Smartphone needs to be rooted prior to installing this custom ROM.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to complete prior to installing the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM on LG Optimus 4X HD:
- Keep the minimum battery backup of your LG Optimus 4X HD as 80%.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for LG Optimus 4X HD on your PC.
- Download the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM kit from here.
- Download the GApps kit from here.
How To Install Cyanogenmod 11 Custom ROM On LG Optimus 4X HD:
Below is the detailed guide on how to install Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM on LG Optimus 4X HD Android Smartphone:
- Copy and Paste both the downloaded ZIP folders to the storage space of your LG Optimus 4X HD.
- Swtich OFF your LG Optimus 4X HD.
- Now boot your Smartphone into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Power+Home keys at the same time.
- From the recovery mode, perform a “Data Factory Reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now choose the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- And then, choose the ROM kit that you copied earlier to your Smartphone. And confirm your selection.
- The Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM will be installed on your LG Optimus 4X HD.
- Now choose and install the GApps kit that you copied earlier to your Smartphone.
- Then, the GApps will be installed on your LG Optimus 4X HD.
Finally congratulations, you have now successfully completed installing the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM on LG Optimus 4X HD Android Smartphone.