Finally, the Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 stable version release is here. We all have been impatiently waiting for this update. And, it’s finally here! It has been initially released for Verizon based Samsung Galaxy S3, and some other devices. And today, we will be guiding you through the whole process of installing the Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 update on your Verizon based Samsung Galaxy S3.
And as usual, before proceeding into the Installation guide, we do have some warning information for you:
- Rooting and installing custom ROM on your Android Smartphone is not an authorized process. Hence, you’ll lose all the warranty benefits over your Samsung Galaxy S3, after installing this custom ROM.
- You’ll lose all the data stored on your Samsung Galaxy S3, after installing this custom ROM. Which includes your Phonebook data, apps and every other file stored in the internal storage of your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- You should root your Verizon based Samsung Galaxy S3, and should install CWM recovery before proceeding with this tutorial.
- We are not responsible in case you damage or brick your Samsung Galaxy S3, while performing this installation. So proceed at your own risk.
- As it is a verizon carrier specific Samsung Galaxy S3, you need to unlock the bootloader before rooting your Smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy S3 CyanogenMod 10.1.2 Prerequisites:
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow before installing the Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 update on your verizon based Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Make sure that your computer has USB Drivers for your Smartphone installed. If not, then install it.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Do a nandroid backup of your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Download the latest Installation kit from here.
- Download the GA-Apps kit from here.
Install Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 on your Verizon Based Samsung Galaxy S3:
Make sure that you have read the warnings and prerequisite sections written above. If yes, then below is the detailed tutorial on how to install Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 on your Verizon based Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Make sure that you have downloaded the kits mentioned above.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your computer.
- Now copy/paste both the Installation kit and the GA-Apps kit to the SD card of your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Reboot into recovery mode, by pressing Volume Up+Power+Home keys at the same time.
- From the recovery menu, do a “factory data reset” and wipe “cache partition”.
- Now, go to the main menu of the Recovery mode and click on “Install ZIP From SD Card”.
- Now choose the Installation Kit that you transferred to your SD card earlier. And confirm your selection.
- Now the Installation kit will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Now, again from the main menu of the recovery mode, choose “Install ZIP From SD Card” and now choose the GA-Apps kit from your SD card. And confirm your selection.
- Now, the GA-Apps kit will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Now, return back to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 will now reboot. It will take longer than usual booting times, as its the first boot after installing the Custom ROM. So wait peacefully. This would do the job of installation.
- Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update
- Sony Xperia Ion Android Jelly Bean Update
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Jelly Bean Update
- LG Optimus One Jelly Bean Update
- Sony Xperia Z C6602 Jelly Bean Update
- HTC One Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update