Samsung Galaxy Y was a very popular budget oriented Android Smartphone, when it was released. People loved the Samsung Galaxy Y, because it offered them the best they could afford, at a very reasonable and low price.
Sadly, there were no official software updates for the Samsung Galaxy Y after the Gingerbread update. And Samsung Galaxy Y users were a bit disappointed by the fact that there were no further software updates.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Y, and if you would like to update your Samsung Galaxy Y to the latest Jelly Bean OS, then today we’re here to help you out. Today, we’re here with a custom Android 4.2 ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Y.
We’ll be guiding you through the entire process of installing Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Y.
Below we jump into the actual installation guide, below are some warning information that you should know:
- You need to root your Samsung Galaxy Y before attempting to install this custom ROM.
- This is a custom built ROM and is not an official release.
- Please keep a backup of your existing stock ROM before proceeding to install.
- This installation guide is exclusively for Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 and should not be performed on any other device/variant.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow, before starting the installation process:
- Make sure that your computer has USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Y installed.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Y has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Root your Samsung Galaxy Y before proceeding to the installation.
- Download the ROM Kit from here.
- Download the CWM Recovery from here.
How To Install Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM On Samsung Galaxy Y?
Make sure that you have read and followed the warning and prerequisites section above. If yes, then below is the detailed tutorial on how to install Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Y:
- First of all, download the above given ROM Kit and the CWM Recovery.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Y to your computer.
- Copy/Paste the ROM Kit and the CWM Recovery Kit to the external storage of your Smartphone.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy Y.
- Now, enter recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up+Home+Power keys at the same time.
- Once you enter the recovery mode, do a factory/data reset, clear cache partition and clear the Dalvik Cache.
- Now from the main menu of the recovery mode screen, click the “Install ZIP From SD Card” button.
- Now, click the “select zip via SD card” option and choose the CWM Recovery Kit that you copied to your external SD card earlier.
- Confirm the selection.
- Now your Samsung Galaxy Y will install the CWM Recovery file.
- Now again return back to the main menu and choose “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- And this time, choose the ROM Kit that you copied to your external SD card earlier.
- Confirm the selection, and now the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Y.
- Once again, return back to the main menu and click the “Reboot System Now” button.
Your Samsung Galaxy Y will now reboot. The reboot process will take some time longer than usual, as its the first boot after installing the ROM. So please wait patiently.
And now, you have successfully installed Android 4.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Y.
Tips & News via Email (It’s Free, we won’t spam)