Sony Xperia Z is a very impressive Android Smartphone. Mainly because of it’s great hardware specifications and ruggedness. There has been no further firmware or software updates for the Sony Xperia Z, but today we are bringing you a custom built Android Jelly Bean ROM, that will make your experience with the Sony Xperia Z, even better.
This is the Sony Xperia Z C6602 model which we are talking about. So today, we will be guiding you through a simple tutorial on How To Install Android Jelly Bean Custom ROM on a Sony Xperia Z.
Update Sony Xperia Z C6602 to Android Jelly Bean
Before we actually move into the tutorial on how to install Jelly Bean Custom ROM on a Sony Xperia Z, below are some warning information that you should know:
- You’ll lose all data stored in the internal memory of your Sony Xperia Z. This includes apps, contacts and other files.
- You’ll need to ROOT your Sony Xperia Z, and install CWM Recovery before installing this ROM.
- Rooting your Android Smartphone and installing a Custom ROM will void its warranty. And hence, your Sony Xperia Z will no longer enjoy warranty benefits after rooting.
- We are not responsible if your Sony Xperia Z gets damaged or bricked, during the installation process. Therefore, proceed at your own risk.
- This installation guide is only suitable for the International variant of the Sony Xperia Z and no other carrier or region specific models are eligible to perform this installation.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow before installing this custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z:
- Make sure your Sony Xperia Z Smartphone has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Make sure that your computer has the USB Drivers of Sony Xperia Z installed.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Sony Xperia Z from the settings panel of your Sony Xperia Z.
- Download the Root Kit for your Sony Xperia Z from here.
- Download the Flash Tool from here.
Root Sony Xperia Z And Install Jelly Bean Custom ROM:
Make sure you read and follow the warnings and prerequisite sections, before proceeding with the rooting tutorial. Below is the detailed tutorial on how to root your Sony Xperia Z and install Jelly Bean custom ROM:
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded the Root Kit and the Flash Tool mentioned above.
- Run the Flash Tool.
- Using the Flash Tool, flash the .ftf file from the Root Kit.
- Now copy/paste the Root Kit [without extracting] to your external SD card.
- Shut Down your Sony Xperia Z and disconnect it from your computer.
- Boot your Sony Xperia Z into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
- Once your Sony Xperia Z boots into recovery mode, choose “Install Zip From SD Card” from the main-menu.
- Now select the Root Kit that you pasted in your external SD card.
- Confirm the selection.
- And now, the Root Kit will be installed on your Sony Xperia Z.
- After installing, navigate back to the main menu of the Recovery Mode.
- From the main menu, click on “Reboot System Now” and wait for your Sony Xperia Z to reboot.
And now, you have successfully installed the Jelly Bean custom ROM in your Sony Xperia Z Android Smartphone.
- Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update
- Sony Xperia Ion Android Jelly Bean Update
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Jelly Bean Update
- LG Optimus One Jelly Bean Update
- Sony Xperia Z C6602 Jelly Bean Update
- HTC One Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update