When the LG Nexus 4 Smartphone was released, it was the most beautiful, elegant, well-priced Android Smartphone. There were 2 aspects that kept the LG Nexus 4 apart from other Smartphones in the market.
The first aspect is that it is a Google built device. You could experience the best of Jelly Bean on the Nexus 4, and moreover you could get the latest software updates, hot directly from Google !
The second aspect being that it is the most elegant look Android Smartphone. And the price tag of the Nexus 4 was really reasonable too. Even today, if you’re seeking for the pure Google Android vanilla experience, then there in no other Android Smartphone like the Nexus 4, that can satisfy you.
However, in terms of hardware performance, the LG Nexus 4 is somewhat starting to show age. But nonetheless, you can boost up the performance of your LG Nexus 4 by simply rooting it, and adding a custom ROM in it.
And today, we’re here with a very responsive ROM for your LG Nexus 4. Today, we’re here with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean SlimBean custom built ROM for your LG Nexus 4, and we’ll be taking you through a detailed tutorial on how to install this custom ROM onto your LG Nexus 4.
Before directly jumping into the ROM installation tutorial, below are some warning information that you must read:
- You need to root your LG Nexus 4 prior to installing this ROM.
- Rooting your Android Smartphone and installing a custom ROM is a un-authorized process.
- After you have rooted your Android Smartphone, you’ll no longer get ANY official software or firmware updates.
- Rooting your Android Smartphone will void its warranty, and hence you’ll enjoy no warranty benefits over your LG Nexus 4 after rooting it.
- We are NOT responsible in case you brick or damage your LG Nexus 4 in-between or after installing this custom ROM. Therefore, proceed at your own risk.
- The tutorial listed here, is only applicable for the LG Nexus 4 and should not be performed on any other Smartphone.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to complete before installing the SlimBean Android 4.2.2 custom ROM on your LG Nexus 4:
- Make sure that you’ve rooted your LG Nexus 4.
- Take a backup of your LG Nexus 4. Read our tutorial on how to backup personal data/settings on your Android Smartphone.
- Make sure that your LG Nexus 4 has at least 80% battery backup.
- Enable USB Debugging on your LG Nexus 4 from the settings panel.
- Make sure that your computer has USB Drivers for LG Nexus 4 installed. If not, install it from here.
- Download the ROM kit for your LG Nexus 4 from here.
- Download GA-Apps kit from here.
Install SlimBean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM On Your LG Nexus 4:
Now, below is the detailed tutorial on how to install Slimbean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on your LG Nexus 4 Android Smartphone:
- First of all, make sure that you’ve downloaded the ROM kit and the GA-Apps kit listed above.
- Now connect your LG Nexus 4 to your computer.
- Copy/Paste the ROM kit and the GA-Apps kit to your external SD card.
- Now disconnect your LG Nexus 4 from your computer.
- Power of your LG Nexus 4.
- Now boot into recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up+Power+Home keys at the same time.
- From the recovery menu, do a data/factory reset, wipe dalvik cache, and wipe cache partition.
- Now, from the recovery mode main menu click on “Install ZIP From SD Card” and choose the ROM kit that you transferred to your SD card earlier. And confirm the selection.
- Now, the ROM will be installed on your LG Nexus 4.
- After the ROM installation completes, again move on to the main menu of recovery mode.
- And click on “Install ZIP From SD Card”, and now select the GA-Apps kit that you transferred to your SD card earlier. And confirm your selection.
- Now, the GA-Apps will be installed on your LG Nexus 4.
- Now again move on to the main menu and click on “Reboot System Now”.
- And your LG Nexus 4 will reboot now.
The reboot process will take longer than usual, as its the first boot after installing the custom ROM on your LG Nexus 4. So please wait peacefully.
And congrats, you’ve now successfully installed SlimBean Android 4.2.2 custom ROM on your LG Nexus 4.
Other Android Update guides to check:
- Samsung Galaxy Y Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Update
- Update LG Nexus 4 to Android 4.3 (JWR66N)
- Update HTC One to Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Install Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.307 on Sony Xperia Z C6602
- Jelly Bean 4.1 Update for LG Optimus One
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMG1 for Galaxy Note II