The Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 was released on October 2011, and is still a very popular device among Android users. Then the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was released last year, with an even bigger screen and faster hardware.
And finally its 2013, and we’re expecting the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to launch by the end of August or the beginning of September.
The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is excepted to release by the end of 2013, but if you want to Android 4.2.2 on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 now, then you can do so by flashing a custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note n7000. And we will be featuring a small tutorial on how to install a Android 4.2.2 SlimBean Custom ROM
Below are some warning information, that you should know before attempting to install Slimbean Android 4.2.2 JellyBean custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- You need to root your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, and should instal Clockworkmod Recovery [CWM Recovery] before attempting to install this Custom ROM.
- During this process, you’ll lose all your internal data, i.e, personal contacts, apps, and every other files stored in the device’s internal storage.
- Perform a Nandroid backup before attempting to install this Custom ROM.
- Make sure that your computer has the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 installed. Else download and install it from here.
- This is not an official ROM, therefore you’ll not get any OFFICIAL updates from Google or Samsung after installing this ROM.
- We are not responsible in case you destroy or damage your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 during the installation process. Proceed at your own risk !
- This tutorial is solely meant for the International Variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Not suitable for any carrier specific versions.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to do, before attempting to install a Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 by going through Settings>Apps>Development>and enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Custom ROM package from here.
- Download GA-Apps from here.
Install SlimBean Build 7 Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM On Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
Make sure you have completely read and followed the Warnings and Prerequisites section. If yes, then below is the tutorial on how to install SlimBean Build 7 Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- Make sure you have downloaded the Custom ROM package and the GA-Apps mentioned above.
- Copy/Paste both these folders, that you downloaded earlier to your external SD card and insert the SD card to your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
- Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
- And boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Power+Home buttons at the same time.
- From the recovery mode menu, wipe cache partition, wipe data/factory reset and wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Now from the main menu, Choose “Install ZIP from SD Card”.
- And then select the Root Package, that you moved to your SD Card earlier. And confirm the selection.
- After the Root Package is installed, go back to the main menu and choose “Install ZIP From SD Card” again.
- Now select the GA-Apps folder that you moved earlier to your SD Card. And confirm the action.
- After the GA-Apps gets installed, again go to the main menu and click on “Reboot System Now”.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 will now reboot. And the reboot process will take some time more than a usual boot, because its the first boot after you installed the Custom ROM. So please wait peacefully.
And finally, you have successfully installed SlimBean Build 7 Android jelly Bean 4.2.2 on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Also check the following tutorials:
- Update Sony Xperia Ion to Jelly Bean
- Update Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Official Android 4.2.2 XWUBMG1 Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update
- LG Optimus One Jelly Bean Update
- Sony Xperia Z C6602 Jelly Bean Update
- HTC One Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update