HTC One is indeed one among the most popular Android Smartphone out there. The main reasons for its popularity being its Aluminium uni-body construction, and of course its ultrapixel camera, which helps you capture better low-light pictures.
But one major disappointment of buying the HTC One was that Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 was pre-loaded onto the device, whereas all remaining competitive Android Smartphones had Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
Well, that would no more remain a problem. Because the much anticipated Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update for HTC One has finally started rolling out. The update is 437 MB in size, and HTC One users will get the update over the air [OTA]. Rather than the most anticipated update, it is the most needed update for the HTC One.
Features Improved On The Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update For Jelly Bean:
The Android Jelly bean 4.2.2 update for HTC One carriers numerous updates, like:
- Enhancements made to the Launcher bar.
- Rearrangement is done for the Widget panel.
- Modified Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 styled lock screen, which allows you to add widgets to the lock screen.
- Enhancements are made to the behavior of the home button.
- Placement of battery status widget in the Status Bar.
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 quick settings panel with 12 default setting toggles.
- Autofocus and Auto-Exposure lock features at the viewfinder.
- File management improvements have been made to the HTC Zoe feature.
- You can add 6 extra themes to your videos.
- Now you can seek, fast-forward or rewind your music.
And many many more small tweaks have been made in the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update for HTC One. And these small tweaks, when compiled together makes a really great and smoother experience. Therefore, the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update for the HTC One is more than just a software update. This update is really gonna improve the overall experience of your HTC One !
How To Receive the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update For Your HTC One?
As I said earlier, this update will be gradually rolled out throughout the globe, as OTA updates. Therefore, you need not connect your HTC One to the computer for updating. All you need is a WIFI connection on your HTC One.
If you have Software Updates Notifications disabled, then you can also manually check for the update by going through Settings>About> and then clicking the Software Update button, on your HTC One.
However, if you have rooted or installed a custom ROM on your HTC One, then you’ll need to unroot your HTC One before you can receive this software update. Unrooting your HTC One means, removing the custom ROM from your HTC One, and then moving back to the factory-installed stock ROM for your HTC One.
If you have not made a backup of the stock ROM of your HTC One, then you can download the stock ROM for your HTC One by visiting the official website of HTC and then choosing the official stock firmware based on your country and model number.
After you unroot your HTC One, then you’ll get the OTA update notification, if it has been released on your country. Else, you can also check for the update manually by following the simple procedure that I mentioned above.
If you have already updated your HTC One to the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update, then do share your experience after the upgrade with us by commenting below.
- Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Update
- Sony Xperia Ion Android Jelly Bean Update
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Jelly Bean Update
- LG Optimus One Jelly Bean Update
- Sony Xperia Z C6602 Jelly Bean Update