The Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 was the Smartphone that transformed Samsung Mobile into the global industry leader that we know today. The Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 was announced back in March of 2010 and featured some great hardware specifications for the day, such as 1 GHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, 4 inch 480×800 pixel Super AMOLED display, 5 MP primary camera with autofocus, VGA front facing camera, 1500 mAh battery and ran on top of Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Android 2.3 Gingerbread is quite outdated nowadays and its placed has been replaced by Android Jelly Bean and the latest Android Kitkat respectively. Samsung stopped official Android updates for the Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 few years ago and users having Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 has not been able to enjoy the latest Android software since then.
The main advantage of the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system is that it is specially designed to comfortably run on Android Smartphones with a minimum RAM capacity of only 512 MB. Therefore, the Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 will be able to run the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update as well. However, as Samsung stopped releasing official software updates for Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000, Samsung Galaxy S users will not get any official Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update.
However, if you own a Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000, you can manually update your Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system. And today we are here with a detailed guide on the same.
Here are some warning information that you should go through before manually updating your Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- Your Smartphone must be rooted and a custom recovery must be installed, prior to manually updating it to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
- Rooting will void the warranty of your Smartphone.
- We are not to be held responsible if any fatal issues occur to your Smartphone during or after completing the rooting process. Hence proceed at your own risk only.
- This manual installation guide should only be followed on Samsung Galaxy S Android Smartphone with model number GT i9000.
Below is a set of prerequisite procedures to follow before manually updating your Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- Download the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM kit from here.
- Download the Google Apps kit from here.
- Charge your Smartphone before manually updating it to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system.
- Download and install the latest USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 on your PC.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to manually update Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system:
- First of all, place both the downloaded files to the external SD card of your Smartphone.
- Power OFF your Smartphone.
- Now boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Power+Home keys.
- From the recovery mode, perform a “Factory/Data Reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Then, click on the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Now, choose the ROM kit that you placed on the external SD card earlier and confirm the selection.
- Now the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Next, choose the Google Apps kit and confirm the selection.
- Now the Google Apps kit will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Go back to the home of the recovery menu and then choose “Reboot System Now” option.
- Your Smartphone will now reboot. As its the first boot after installing a new ROM, it might take a couple of minutes.
And congratulations, you have now successfully manually updated your Samsung Galaxy S GT i9000 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat operating system.