The Micromax smartphones in the Canvas and Bolt series having the Android OS has got the Windows drivers for the phone to act as a mounted drive for users to access it from the computer, but a PC Suite would do a better job. The Micromax PC Suite for Windows is a free utility for the Micromax Android phones which would take the control of the phones and provide the users with all the options to manage the features such as the phonebook, messages, photos and the multimedia contents which were downloaded from the Internet in the smartphone.
Apart from transferring the multimedia conent and making a backup of the files so that they can be restored from the computer if you happen to lose then from your phone, the PC suite would also help in changing the various settings in the Micromax smartphones.
- Sync contacts, calendar and events between smartphone and PC
- Phonebook with three options: Handset, PC folder and Trashcan to create, edit and delete contacts
- JAVA installation allowed get phone apps in your PC
- SMS Message folder to open, view message history and forward SMS via PC
- Settings customization with special options
- Image option to set wallpapers
- MIDI audio file selection and audio preview
- Backup creation
One of the only disadvantages with this is that it works only with the Micromax smartphones and none other. You will have to search and download for the PC suites for the smartphones from other brands if you have them too, but for any Micromax smartphone this would work perfectly.
This is the 1.08 version of the Micromax PC Suite for Windows and there would be different updates coming up later on for this software and we would be sharing that with you whenever an update comes. Check below for the download link.
If you are looking for the drivers for the Canvas 4, check out the Micromax Canvas 4 A250 drivers.