The Best DSLR Cameras Under 35K
Photography is one’s own creativity and a camera is just a tool that allows you to achieve it. DSLR (digital SLR) has been the top choice for anyone who wants to take their photography to the next level.
A DSLR is still the cheapest way to get a camera with interchangeable lenses and a viewfinder (entry-level mirrorless cameras don’t have viewfinders) and, at the other end of the scale, almost all professional sports, press and wildlife photographers choose full-frame DSLRs over every other camera type.
Here we are listing some great cameras at entry level for beginners. Check out the best DSLR cameras to buy in India.
Read Full Review: Canon EOS 1200D | Model: CNN_18-55+55-2508GB_BLK | Image Sensor Size: 18 megapixel CMOS (APS-C) | Image Processor: DIGIC 4 (APS-C) |Display Technology: LCD 3 inches | Optical Zoom: 3 X | Digital Zoom: 3 X | Max Shutter Speed: 1/200 Seconds | Min Focal Length: 18 Millimeters | Battery Cell Composition: Lithium Ion | ISO 100-6400: Expandable to H: 12800
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: Best image quality you’ll find in a consumer level DSLR
- A very good camera for the first time DSLR users. It has intuitive menu and controls layout. Doesn’t take much time to get familiarized with it and start using it. I would recommend to get yourself familiarized with its settings by watching some YouTube tutorials while you are waiting for it to arrive. And also, at least, skim through its user’s guide.
- The dual lenses combo kit is awesome. It comes with almost everything that a beginner needs to get started. Camera body, a versatile 18-55mm and 55-250mm telephoto lenses with built in image stabilization, a memory card(8GB) and a basic camera bag.
- Comfortable to hold and easy to handle.
- Doesn’t compromise on key specifications/features even though it’s an entry level DSLR. It can do almost anything that a mid-level DSLR camera can do.
- Good battery life. Sufficient to last an entire day’s session (500 photos).
- Genuine products are being sold online at a much reasonable price than retail stores. I could register the camera on Canon edge site.
- The companion app is not available in India. Not sure why.
- Proprietary battery as is the case with almost every camera model these days. I would have liked it more if it supported standard AA batteries which we can buy on the go if we ever run out of batteries. The camera has a good battery life so not a big concern.
- The DSLR bag received along with the camera is not a Canon branded bag. It’s a generic bag which can be bought online for just Rs. 250/-. It’s ok kind of a bag. However, I think, we should buy a better quality bag which can easily accommodate the camera body, two lenses and other accessories in it and provide better cushioning. It’s a freebie so cannot demand much.
It’s a great camera to have as your first DSLR camera. The price seems to vary/swing a lot. I think, anything around Rs. 26K makes it a very good value for money combo.Buy on Amazon Buy on Flipkart
Nikon D3200 is pretty nice camera with lots of features, great image quality, lower noise levels even in high ISO settings.
Read Full Review: Nikon D3200 24.2 MP | Model: D3200 | Item Weight: 2.1 Kg |Display Technology: LCD 3 inches | Optical Zoom: 3 X | Digital Zoom: 5 X | Max Shutter Speed: 1/200 Seconds | Min Shutter Speed: 30 Seconds | Min Focal Length: 18 Millimeters | Battery Cell Composition: Lithium Ion | ISO Range: Wide ISO sensitivity range at standard setting from ISO 100 to 6400, can be set to ISO 12800 equivalent
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: It’s a great camera for entry level and professionals.
- Very easy to use because of Guide mode and Auto mode
- Best Quality of Photo with 24 Megapixels
- Fast performance with Expeed 3 image processor
- Nice HD video recording
- Great photos in low light with Flash
- 11 focus points helps to achieve sharply focused images
- 3 inches LCD screen useful for the videos recording
- Software is user friendly, easy to access and make changes in setting
- 18-55 mm Lens provides great picture quality.
- Dust reduction, image sensor cleaning function is too good.
- Light weight and Nice Design which provides comfortable while using it
- DSLR Tutorial DVD is very helpful before using the DSLR Camera
- Full charged battery clicked only 150 photos with LCD display. It may increase while using only viewfinder
It’s a great camera and this entire thing about entry level and professional is a gimmick by the companies to sell their so called higher end models unless you make a living by taking pictures.Buy on Amazon Buy on Flipkart
Nikon D5200 24.1MP is an awesome camera for beginners in photography. This is an excellent entry level DSLR camera. I did a lot of research and found that it is way superior too other DSLR cameras in this price range. It has a large sensor and picture output is very nice. The build quality is also very sturdy and feels good when you hold it in your hand.
Read Full Review: Nikon D5200 24.2 MP | Model: D5200 | Item Weight: 2.2 Kg | Resolution: 24.1 megapixels | Display Technology: LCD 3.2 inches | Optical Zoom: 3 X | Digital Zoom: 3 X | Max Shutter Speed: 1/200 Seconds | Min Shutter Speed: 30 Seconds | Min Aperture: 5.60 f_stop | Min Focal Length: 18 Millimeters | Battery Cell Composition: Lithium Ion
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: This is an amazing camera with great features and functions.
- A great DSLR camera for beginners.
- An ideal camera in its price for bird photography due to its various AF system and 5 fps multi frame shooting speed. Also the 24 MP is great for cropping and still have sharp and bigger images. I suggest to have a 400+ focal length Prime or zoom lens for bird photography.
- Swivel LCD is very good.
- 18-140 is a very good lens – multipurpose usage (ex: for portraits or landscapes but not for bird photos), images are crisp and sharp. Also I found it easy to carry around instead of having 2 lenses. It’s a fast and good auto focus capability lens.
- Good camera bag.
- SD card can hold around 1000-1500 photos. Good for normal usage. But is not enough if you are into shooting many images. Suggest buy a 32 GB SD card with speed of 10x and good caching speed.
- Battery is good for 300-400 photos. But advice to buy additional batteries if you are into the wildlife photography
- Kit strap is painful to hold for long duration. Suggest buy a sling strap.
- Advice to buy lens hoods.
Some things that you must plan to buy along with the camera:
- A screen guard for the LCD
- A lens cleaner.
- Filters (at the minimum, a UV filter to protect the lens) (I bought Hoya’s 3 filter kit)
This is an amazing camera with great features and functions, yet another milestone by Nikon after the very successful and famous Young brother D5100! Buy it!! you’ll never ask for more!! it completes almost all the needs to a beginner Photographer and young Enthusiasts!Buy on Amazon Buy on Flipkart
DSLR cameras can be expensive, especially when you add in the costs of extra gear beyond the camera body, such as lenses and flash units. So, if you need a versatile DSLR camera at a low price point, the Nikon D3300 DSLR is a great option. It provides 24.2 megapixels of resolution and very good image quality, which is great to find in a DSLR camera under 35K.
Read Full Review: Nikon D3300 Digital SLR Camera | Model: D3300 | Item Weight: 2.2 Kg | Screen Size: 3 inches | Optical Zoom: 4 X | Digital Zoom: 3 X | Optical Sensor Resolution: 24.2 Megapixels | Max Shutter Speed: 1/200 Seconds | Continuous Shooting Speed: 5 | Viewfinder Type: Optical | ISO range: 100 – 12800
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: It feels excellent to click from this camera because of its fine ergonomics, small size and light weight.
- The Sensor: The 24 MP sensor that you get in this camera is the same one as that of the Nikon D7100 and Nikon D5300 which speaks much of the picture quality you are going to get with this camera. The sensor has a total pixel density of 24.78 pixels, which result in images having much details, while sacrificing the low light performance a bit.
- The camera comes with a faster and more improved processor, the Expeed 4 Processing Engine which lets the camera to process images and especially videos faster than the older models. This is the main reason why the camera’s got faster frame rates than the predecessors.
- The camera does not come with OLPF (Optical Low Pass Filter) which results in significantly sharper images. Nikon is doing a new upgrade in their cameras nowadays i.e. they are removing the Low Pass Filter, so as a result, the camera can now capture both types of light i.e. with shorter wavelength and longer wavelength which ultimately makes the images much sharper.
- The camera has a 11-point focus system, which is awesome for a camera at this price tag. You get a single cross type focus point in the middle and other 10 normal focus points surrounding the frame. This 11 focus points can do a fast auto focus while paired up with a good lens and it also has 3D tracking functionality. This 11 points are also very helpful and fast responsive during manual focusing.
- The ISO performance is very good for a beginner’s DSLR at 12800 and a boost ISO of 25600. More importantly this camera has low noise at 1385 ISO which is awesome. But try to avoid ISO more than 3200 until it is a pitch black scene, because that would produce much noise in the images.
- The battery backup is also great, 700 shots is very much unexpected from a camera of this configuration but Nikon seems to have got it right. The EN-EL14a battery is an upgraded version of the EN-EL14 battery which used to come with the Nikon D3200 and it has increased mAh and efficient power handling.
- The kit lens is very good and it has a much faster auto-focus than the predecessor and is also much compact and lighter. Most importantly the lens comes with VR II motor, which is very useful for a beginner having problems to hold the camera still at earlier stages of photography. It keeps that 52 mm filter thread so no worries for ones who have 52 mm filter from your old lenses, you can use them on this.
- 1080p 60fps, now this is a big deal, even some of the advanced DSLRs can’t go that far but this does. Very helpful if you need to shoot action.
- You get 5fps 24.0MP RAW files which is awesome but you need a good and faster card for that the offered card can’t keep up with that speed.
- The camera has a good color depth of 24.3 bits which produces vivid colors on the images and you can see the effect of those 24.3 bits during post processing.
- The camera comes with a 3 inch 921k dots LCD display, which may not be the best monitor in the world, but certainly it is bright enough and produces vivid colors close to real world view.
- Easy Panaroma mode – Now it is like a bonus though you hardly need it, but handy at times. Remember you are capturing a panaroma from a DSLR so the picture would be much better than what you may take with phones.
- Very compact camera. It does not seem like a DSLR if you hold it in your palm, it is so compact and light. The camera only weighs about 450 g (without the battery), which is super light when you are talking about a DSLR of this performance.
- The ISO can be used at one full stop, so you can’t get the 1/3rd or 1/2nd stop ISO at manual mode, but you get that in auto mode, that is may be something Nikon has not made due to simplicity for beginners, but that is not so great a deal due to good ISO performance of this camera.
- The camera can shoot only 12 bit RAW files, unlike 14 bits in the Nikon D5xxx series, which although produces great image quality, but that extra elegance goes somewhere missing. Though you can hardly notice that until you shoot it at 14 bits RAW and compare the two.
- No articulating screen, this is something that would have been better to have for shooting at tricky situations, but that also would have raised the price. But personally I did not give that much priority. Also in professional DSLRs you hardly get that articulating screen.
Camera is very fast; first time users will fall in love with the speed of the camera absolutely no lags anywhere. Overall a wonderful camera to be owned. It feels excellent to click from this camera because of its fine ergonomics, small size and light weight. It’s a worthy investment.Buy on Amazon Buy on Flipkart
Canon EOS 700D is a very good camera which is a must buy for beginners. This is the best camera at 36k with double lens which can be used to click a wide variety of shots of high quality.
Read Full Review: Canon EOS 700D | Model: EOS 700D | Item Weight: 544 g | Display Technology: LCD 3 inches | Optical Zoom: 3 X | Max Shutter Speed: 1/200 Seconds | Min Shutter Speed: 30 Seconds | ISO Range: 100-12800 | Lens: Dual lens camera 55-250mm IS II lens
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: This is an amazing camera with great features and functions.
- Good Image quality and colors
- Dual lens kit gives wider range of photography shots
- Touch screen really handy
- Firm build , feels comfortable in holding
- Fast processing of images, 5-6 shots /sec is good for beginners .
- Various angle screen helpful in taking shots from lower and higher angles
- Good noise control
- Quality video and sound capture
- Lightweight body
- Responsive touchscreen
- User friendly
- Now wifi remote support as possible with Nikon.
If you love clicking pictures and decided to own your first DSLR, this beautiful and intelligent machine is the one you can fall in love with. Even if you are upgrading EOS 700D is a good option to consider.Buy on Amazon Buy on Flipkart