Backing up the data on your Android Smartphone is very important if you’re willing to do any kind of customizations on your Android Smartphone. This ensures you that if something goes wrong and your Android Smartphone gets bricked, you can get your Smartphone back safely using the backup data.
When you do a complete backup of your Android Smartphone, the backup includes your phonebook contacts, mails, messages, apps, game cache, browsing history etc.
So taking a backup of your Android Smartphone helps you keep a copy of your entire Android Smartphone, which can be used to recover your Android Smartphone at any instance.
If you’re confused on how to take a backup of your Android Smartphone, then today we are here with a simple tutorial on how to backup your Android Smartphone.
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to backup your settings and data on an Android Smartphone.
How to Backup Personal Data / Settings on Android Phone:
You can easily backup your Android Smartphone, if you have a Google Account integrated with your Android Smartphone. And below is how to complete the procedures:
- First of all, make sure that you have a Google Account.
- Now, from your Android Smartphone, go to Settings>Accounts>Add> and now add the login credentials of your Google Account.
- After you login with your Google Account, your Google Account will be automatically integrated with your Android Smartphone.
- Now, return back to the Settings menu of your Android Smartphone.
- Click on “Backup and Reset” from the settings menu on your Android Smartphone.
- And from the “Backup and Reset” menu, check mark the “Back Up My Data” box.
- Now, your Android Smartphone will be automatically backed up with your Google Account, periodically.
Your Google Account will not store an entire copy of your Android Smartphone. Instead, they’ll only backup contacts and other important information from your Android Smartphone.
If you want to make a complete backup copy of your Android Smartphone, then you can use an application called “Helium” which will help you save a complete backup copy of your entire Android Smartphone.
And below is how to setup Helium and perform a complete backup of your Android Smartphone:
- First of all, install the Helium app on your Android Smartphone from here.
- Now, install the Helium software on your computer [Mac, Windows or Linux] from here.
- Now, connect your Smartphone to your computer.
- Now using the Helium software, select apps and data’s that you wish to backup.
- And hit the backup button.
- Now choose the destination folder, to save the backup file.
- And now, the Helium software will create a backup of the selected apps and store it.
- Now, whenever you need to restore the backup file to your Android Smartphone, simply connect your Android Smartphone to your computer, open the Helium software, hit the Restore and Sync button, choose the file from the destination folder and you’re done !
Finally, this was a simple tutorial on how to create a backup of your Android Smartphone either using your Google Account, or the Helium software. If you face any difficulties in following the procedures written above, please leave a comment below. Check how to backup Whatsapp messages.